In this one-and-a-half-day workshop, grant writing instructor Jack Smith will review the many different categories of grants, and teach time-saving techniques in the grant writing process. The class will increase your city’s chances of winning competitive grants by helping you better understand the entire grant writing process, from planning through writing. You will identify your strengths as a grant writer, and acquire the skills needed to think like a professional in the development and marketing fields.
The workshop will help participants:
- produce high quality grant proposals
- win competitive grant awards
- identify and analyze funding resources
- design and manage programs
- conduct research on the internet
- improve their writing skills
- understand the fund development process when serving on boards
Cities and city departments will benefit from:
- improved and better use of staff time in the grant writing process
- more grant monies awarded
- better managed cities because grants are business plans
- organizational and project survival and growth
- enhanced professional image
This class is designed for:
- City staff and officials who are new to grant writing and need a basic understanding of the process.
- City staff and officials who are working on a grant writing project and are facing specific grant writing problems and issues.
- City staff and officials who are successful practitioners in the development field and are seeking specialized information and insights into grant project development.