Grant writing techniques and processes are in a transitional stage. City officials need to stay on top of the latest trends that include more online grant applications, requirements for better designed evaluations, and new social policies that determine grant opportunities.
In this one and a half day workshop, grant writing instructor Jack Smith will review the many different categories of grants, and teach time-saving techniques and shortcuts in the grant writing process. The class will help you increase your chances of winning competitive grants through a better understanding of the entire grant writing process, from planning through writing. It will also help city officials identify their strengths as grant writers and acquire the skills required to “think” like a professional in the development and marketing fields.
This grant writing training program will offer several benefits and outcomes for the participants and cities:
The workshop will help participants:
- produce high quality grant proposals
- win competitive grant awards
- identify and analyze funding resources
- design and manage programs
- conduct research on the internet
- improve their writing skills
- understand the fund development process when serving on boards
Other benefits to cities include:
- improved and better use of staff time in the grant writing process
- more grant monies awarded
- better managed cities because grants are business plans
- organizational and project survival and growth
- enhanced professional image
This class is designed to meet the needs of participants from cities who will fall into three general categories:
- City staff and officials who are completely new to grant writing and need a basic understanding of the process.
- City staff and officials who are currently working on a grant writing project and are facing specific grant writing problems and issues.
- City staff and officials who are successful practitioners in the field and are seeking specialized information and advanced insights into grant project development.